Wednesday, April 8, 2009

First Post!

I just realized that my husband deleted my old training blog. That's too bad. I enjoyed going back and reading about the silly things I did when I first began learning how to be a good trainer. I'm starting my new blog in an attempt to start writing again. I've had lots of successes since I last posted. Both of my dogs have therapy dog certifications, they both have titles in rally, one of them has a title in obedience. Yay!

I recently acquired a remarkable white cat named Phineas. He is currently being trained for demos and will be making his debut at "Scales & Tails" an event being held at the Indiana State Museum. We're very excited! So far, Phineas can spin, sit, come when called, walk nicely on a leash and target. He has a very cute "high-five" and he is learning to run to his crate on cue. I'm hoping to think of some other cute tricks which will endear him to the masses. Any suggestions are welcome.

The third reason I've started this blog is somewhat mercenary. I want to promote and sell my handmade pet collars and my tasty dog treats. I'm hoping to donate a portion of the proceeds to the Indy Pit Crew and I'd like to make a little money for myself. Obedience trials are expensive!

No comments:

Post a Comment